Out of respect for the fact that the "O" board, is Oprah's own site after all. I decided I would voice my opinion on this matter here instead. This morning Baz reported that Oprah decided to finally speak for Obama "again". Apparently it was on the news this a.m., according to Baz's post, Oprah was "jumping for joy" said she is "thrilled" about his nomination and would be willing to go "door to door" for him if he asks her to.
What a joke! I know she has the right, just like any other American, to support whomever she chooses to. But, I find this quite amusing...First she comes out in all her glory to support him, showing up at events, etc. Then, when issues (dirt) start to finally come out on him and we see some vetting ,albeit quite late. "Poof" she disappears without a trace or word and has remained silent all this time, while punches were being thrown.
Now, after it appears he has the nomination, she's back...oh brother! No wonder she supports him, they're just alike, indecisive...at least in the publics eye. They go one way, then the other, depending on what will gain/lose them support. The same as BO was about T.U.C.C and Wright.
Again...What a Joke! Too bad my door would probably not be on that route!
4 comments:
She's probably just relieved that her show hasn't gone down the tubes from this, and she'll get a little boost.
I won't say a word on the "O" boards, because I want to stay on them......
Marsha/lovun2oth
I understand that she has not only lost 7% of her TV audiencem but also 10% of her magazine subscription regulars. That is a lot in terms of profit. The other thing is that some of blogs on the Oprah site have received international notariety. Some of us were even quoted in the London Times and in other European publications. So, she had heat and publicity she may not have appreciated.
I do see your point about her disappearing act. It surely did seem that way.
Chris
Hi Chris...I had no idea some had been quoted! lol, I would have liked to read some of those. But yeah, ya know it's not so much I have a problem with her supporting anyone, it's her right to do so. But if you're gonna come out in the beginning and back a Candidate, as a person of her Celebrity status and with the amount of influence she and many people knows she has. I feel she should have at least dealt with the rest of it too.
She has people I'm sure, that would follow her to the ends of the earth, so her support had an impact I'm sure, but to poof once the road got bumpy, then come back when it's a smooth ride again, is really well, just crappy lol for the lack of a better word.
When I saw myself quoted on an internet site "Obama, Rezko. Auchi, Ayers" and I said We'll have to out all the crooks, hopefully before the Republicans do.... then I knew why Lucretia54 had been banned!!!
It was worth it!
Marsha/lovun2oth
Post a Comment