Bush Speech Criticized as Attack on Obama
By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: May 16, 2008
JERUSALEM — President Bush used a speech to the Israeli Parliament on Thursday to denounce those who would negotiate with “terrorists and radicals” — a remark that was widely interpreted as a rebuke to Senator Obama the Democratic presidential contender, who has argued that the United States should talk directly with countries like Iran and Syria.
SHE ACTUALLY DEFENDED OBAMA TODAY? WHAT GIVES.. IS NO ONE TO CRITICIZE THE MESSIAH? DID SHE NOT SAY THE SAME THING A FEW MONTHS AGE? I AM SO ANGRY WITH HER RIGHT NOW....
11 comments:
I did not hear what she said about this, I heard Biden and others. What did she say? I think she is under huge pressure to keep the party together and not say a word about Huessin.But I really beleive that there is something about Obama that will break wide open soon and that the Clintons know this.
Clinton defends Obama from Bush
Hillary, today in Rapid City, South Dakota, defended Obama from President Bush's apparent comparison of him to Neville Chamberlain, Ken Vogel reports.
She told reporters:
President Bush’s comparison of any Democrat to Nazi appeasers is both offensive and outrageous on the face of it, especially in light of his failures in foreign policy. This is the kind of statement that has no place in any presidential address and certainly to use an important moment like the 60th anniversary celebration of Israel to make a political point seems terribly misplaced. Unfortunately, this is what we’ve come to expect from President Bush.
That is not too bad. She did not mention Obama and Bashed Bush which is good. If she says ONE word about Huessin, it is picked up all over the MSM. But I agree with you, I wish she would or could fight back.
The good "ole boys" Howard Dean and co. are letting Hillary stay in as long as she does not say anything to demean the "party". She needs to GET OUT of the party and become an independent. WE CAN CALL THE PARTY UPPITY WOMEN.....LOL
She cannot afford to say anything that could potentially cost her votes or create a scandal right now. I have to trust her because she knows what is going on behind the scenes and she and Bill are both very good at handling things and laying low when needed. I am also wondering if something big is about to blow. It feels pretty ominous as if something's up. We shall see. One of the things I think is important is trying to find out about the Rezko trial because there is more than meets the eye there. Obama reportedly asked the judge to postpone the trial and that was denied. But, he could have asked that the portion of the trial in which he may be called to testify be postponed until after the election. I also wonder if there is a gag order on it because no one is talking about it any longer and I understand that Obama's name has come up several times during the trial. I have been very suspicious of this situation with regard to Obama because how is it that "slums" were run in Obama's senatorial district by this man and that, to the best of my knowledge, nothing was ever done about it and that Obama was able to go in on a deal to buy a house at $300,000 below fair market value and Obama received $250,000 in campaign contributions from this man? I think there is much more to this than we know right now.
IM SORRY BUT I A LOOKING AT IT FROM THE POINT OF VIEW THAT SHE GOT ROYALY SHAFTED YESTERDAY W/O VASELINE AND SHE WAS DEFENDING HIM TODAY.. SHE SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT OUT OF IT... THE WOMEN THAT WANT TO LEAVE THE PARTY BECAUSE OF THE MISOGENY AND ARE DEFENDING HER.. AND FOR HER TO TURN AROUND AND TAKE HIS SIDE... LOOKS REALLY BAD. I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT CHRIS..I WAS JUST FUMING ALL DAY. I ALMOST SENT HER $200 DONATION UNTIL I HEARD THAT...
Frankly, she probably coould have done herself some good had she agreed with Bush. Why? Because she could have showed how much tougher she will be on terrorists and make the Dems think twice about electing an appeaser. But now she has sided with an 'appeaser" I just think she missed an opportunity to agree, or at least say, "no comment" which would have provided the political cover necessary to isolate Obama, yet never really come out and call him an appeaser. But now, she is defending one. Once again, a missed opportunity!
Additionally, sometimes you can say a lot without saying a thing! I think she may have let down some of her fans by siding with Obama. Everyone knows he is an appeaser. Had she said nothing, she would have said something and given the superdelegates somethign else to think about as to why they should vote for her. They know this whole terrorist sympathizing thing is gooing to be a big issue in the GE. She could have distanced herself from the onslaught should she be the Dem nominee. Now, she is "fair game" in the eyes of the Republican surrogates. I am just saying. I hope I am being nice here! :) Don't want to wear out my welcome! :)
GREG YOU ARE FINE STOP WALKING AN EGG SHELLS WE LOVE YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE WRONG ALOT OF THE TIMES...LOL
ALL KIDDING ASIDE... I AGREE WITH YOU AND THAT DOES WORRY ME... BUT I THINK YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD. I THINK SHE SHOULD HAVE KEPT QUIET OR SAID NO COMMENT. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A MORE POWERFUL STATEMENT WITHOUT SAYING A WORD. ON THE OTHER HAND IF SHE IS CAVING IN TO PARTY PRESSURE SHE SHOULD RUN AS AN INDEPENDENT. I THINK SHE IS SCARED THAT THE DEMS WON'T BACK HER IN THE FUTURE.
Chango, thanks.
You said Hillary is scared the Dems won;t back her in the future. I seriously believe if she is not nominated, there is no future for her in the party. The reason I say this is that the 'Dean party" does not want her to win. He is intimidated by the Clinton clan and knows if Hillary wins, his power is diminished in the party, because prior to the primary season, the Clinton's Have been the party leadership. So I don't think the Dem party powers to be will want her hanging around. And if she gets beat for the nomination , they will not be in any big hurry to revive her. They will want her gone. She is too much of a threat to Dean, et al. So long story short...It is NOW or never for Hillary. She has nothing to lose by "taking no prisoners" at this point. She needs to "burn her boats" (If you ever read Sun Tsu) A story about a group of warriors who rowed to an island of their opponents for battle. Their leader told them to burn their boats after they landed on the island, said the only way off this island was with their opponents boats. Highly motivational!
It is now or never for Hillary!
I think there are so many Democrats, Kennedy being one, that have been overshadowed in influence by the Clintons, that they want them (Clinton's)out of the picture.
Don't you find it interesting that Kerry, Kennedy, et al, have all come out for Obama?? OBAMA?? What has Obama done for the party? Nothing. That's just it. He is someone who can be easily be influenced by the "elders" like Kerry, , Dean, etc. They are all out for Power. They will wield more power with Obama than with Clinton. IMHO
-Greg
Post a Comment